|No GREEN light on the RF-015 USB receiver
Unplug the USB cable and plug it back into the computer.
No GREEN light on the RF-017 PS/2 receiver
Power down the computer. Unplug the PS/2 cable(s) and plug back into the computer, then reboot.
The LED on the RF-019 USB receiver stays RED.
The computer has not connected to the receiver. Unplug the USB cable and plug it back into the computer.
Key presses or mouse moves not getting through
- If no LEDs blink when you press a key or move the mouse, replace the batteries.
- If the sending LED blinks RED when you press a key or move the mouse, reposition the keyboard or receiver. For best operation the keyboard should be between 1 and 100 feet from the receiver. If this is ineffective, set the address again.
- If the sending LED blinks GREEN when you type a key or move the mouse, disconnect the receiver from the computer then reconnect (remember that you must shut the computer down before disconnecting the PS/2 receiver).
Keystrokes appear or the mouse moves by itself
The device address has the same address as another Wireless Computing device. It has probably not been changed from the factory default address. Set the device address.
How can I get instructions for my RF-150?
You can download a PDF copy of the instructions.
The RF-150 with USB receiver isn't working with Windows 95
We do not support Windows 95 installs. You will need Windows 98SE or later.
The RF-150 with USB receiver isn't working with Windows
Click on the following link for Windows USB troubleshooting.
The RF-150 with USB receiver isn't working with Windows NT 4.0
Windows NT 4.0 does not support USB. BSquare sells a driver that adds USB support to Windows NT 4.0.
How do I set the address on the RF-150?
To set the address of an RF-150:
- Press and release the button on the underside of the receiver. This will put the receiver into addressing mode. The receiver's LED will blink for 30 seconds.
- Simultaneously press and release the left and right mouse buttons.
The RF-150 should now be addressed. The receiver will continue to blink for an additional 30 seconds allowing you to set additional devices to the same address.
Can I use one RF-150 to control multiple computers at the same time?
No. Although you can have multiple devices working with one receiver, a device can only work with one receiver at a time.
How can I use one RF-150 and receiver with multiple computers?
Connect the receiver to a multi-port KVM switch.
How can I use multiple Wireless Computing devices (keyboards and mice) on one computer?
With all Wireless Keyboards and Mice in range of the receiver, press the address button on the underside of the receiver and then press the address setting button(s) on each device you wish to use with that receiver (refer to each devices instructions for specifics).
When I plug in the USB receiver, my PS/2 keyboard and mouse go dead
When some computers detect more than one boot keyboard, they disable one of them. In cases where you need both the wireless device and wired PS/2 keyboard and mouse, you should be able to use a PS/2-to-USB adapter. The computer will then treat both keyboards as USB devices.
Can I use a USB-to-PS/2 adapter with the USB receiver or USB extender?
No. The USB receiver and USB extender are 'combo' devices. This means that the computer treats them as more than one USB device. The USB-to-PS/2 adapters that come with corded USB device are designed to handle only single devices. These are usually color-coded (purple - keyboard, green - mouse). If you have no available USB ports, you can use a USB hub or USB card.
Can I use the RF-150 in Europe?
No. The RF-150 operates on a frequency (916.5 MHz) which is restricted in Europe.
Can I connect the RF-015 USB receiver or RF-020 receiver extender to my network?
No. The RF-015 USB receiver and RF-020 are not Ethernet-compatible devices. The receiver and extender should never be plugged into an Ethernet network, hub or switch. Plugging the receiver into an Ethernet network will damage the receiver.
How can I find out what address my RF-150 is set to?
Make the RF-150 output its statistics:
- Open a text editing application.
- Press and hold the right mouse button.
- Wait until the GREEN LED turns on and remains on.
- Press and hold the left mouse button.
- Release the right mouse button.
- Release the left mouse button.
If you have an RF-000, RF-015 or RF-017 receiver, the address will be the first pair of 5-digit numbers on the first line.
RF-150 xx 00156 00108 ...
If you have an RF-019 receiver, the address will be shown on the first line.